Sunday, August 14, 2005

Quote of the day...

"Before you criticize someone you, should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Anonymous

I am in charge of putting a quote of the day on our board outside our medical space. So as I was parusing the millions of quotes out there I ran across this one. It just struck me funny. I also found another one that I was gonna put up for tomorrow, but I don't think it will fly. I just thought a little medical humor would be nice. Then my LT saw it and said there was no way we could put it on the board.

"This morning I took two exlax and one prozac.
I've been shitting my brains out all day, but damn I'm in a good mood."

Anonymous

I used to write stuff by Plato, Socrates, Nitchze, and Shakespeare. Then someone complained about them getting too philisophical for most to understand. So if anyone has a place to get dainty, cute, short, unimaginintive, and to the point, cause god forbid we use that lump three feet above our ass, I would be very thankful.

On to other things. I got to go over the wire the other day. We flew MRE's and water to another one of our forward operating base's. I also got to shoot the .50 cal again. This time the trigger wasn't as touchy. It was really wierd. Then we flew along the roadsides looking for anything that might be used as IED's. Abandoned cars and things that looked like they were out of place. All in all a pretty uneventful day. Just delivering of supplies and cruising the deserts. I only got a couple of pics from the flight because I forgot to replace the batteries in my camera. As soon as my crew chief returns my camera that I left in his bag I will get those posted.

Last night was awesome. It's those little moments that remove you from the reality, and take you to that happy place in the back of our minds that makes the time spent out here soemwhat bearable. Last nigh felt like we were back home sitting on the porch and having a real barbecue. ( That don't look like I spelled it correctly) My roommatesand I found out the PX was selling T-Bones, so we had to go get some. I'm telling you these things were huge and definitley worth the $12.00 we each spent. None of them were less than 1.5 lbs. or 1 in thick. Not to mention there was almost no fat anywhere on the entire slab of thia all american USDA grade A. The only thing we could complain about was the lack of a hops and barley product we so knowingly call beer!!! HHMMMM (Drooling) BEEEERRR!!!! Normally, if I were in the rear, I would eat my steak still mooing, but since I'm out here I decided to make sure that it was at least a little cooked on the inside. I was telling my LT all about it this morning and he told me he heard some of the medical officers complaining about the meat because they were afraid that everyone would get sick cause they didn't cook them correctly and they want to ban the PX from selling it. I understand their concerns. I do, but the PX has a piece of paper you can read about the proper handling of meat products. Just be sure that anyone that buys the meat also get this little piece of paper. It fully explains all the hazards of not preparing the meat correctly. This way they cover their ass, and if someone does get sick cause they didn't cook it right thats their problem. So I hope they don't ban this. So this is my post for the day. It may be a couple of days before I can post again. TTFN!! LOL

Joshua

1 comment:

Sean Dustman said...

Keep up the place for us Josh! How come you guys are getting all of the cool stuff? When are you supposed to be coming back this direction anyhow? Peace bro, good to see ya blogging more.