Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Too long and no excitement!

Wow!!! It's been a while since I have had the chance to write on here. Like I said before being put on nights is great cause I am all by myself. Well it was supposed to be that way. Then the LT thought it would be such a great idea for him to come over tonights also. AAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!! This was definitely a bad time to subside from indulging in all tobacco products. My nerves are shot! I swear I need a Q & A Board. Whenever he has a question he could write it on the board, and I'll come behind him and answer it. That way he doesn't ask the same question 20 different times in one night. If he tries thenI'll just tellhim to look at the board before he decides to ask me again. Come one! How hard is it to understand that a STS (Significant Threshold Shift) Is a average shift of 10 Db or greater in 2k, 3k, or 4k frequency, and/or a shift of 15 Db or more in any one of the frequencies. Is this so hard to understand? Really needed to get that out there.

So on to other business. They have destroyed the water pipes again. Here we are once again using bottles of water to bathe with. I just don't feel clean afterwards, so I created this little thing out of a 5 gallon bucket, a hose, and pieces from an old eye wash station. The only problem is having to crouch down in the shower stall if you want to get really good pressure because the whole thing works off of gravity. Really quite impressive if I must say. It gets the job done though.

What else have I been up to? I put a headlight on mr RC Truck so I could drive it around here at night time. It's not so much for needing to see where the hell I'm going as it is for where the hell the truck is. I know what direction I headed, but I just don't know how far out there I've gone. So I took one of those headlamps with the halogen bulbs and turned it into a headlight. I removed the bulbs and wiring and drilled the holes in the RC cars bumber then super glued everything in place. It worked OK for a sec but I think the battery pack for the light is interfering with the receiver. Have to find another place to put the battery pack. If that doesn't fix the problem then my ESC (Electronic Speed Control) is going bad.

I have decided to take a college class out here to pass the time. Algebra. Things that make you go HMMMM! I thought this would be easy. I haven't even touched a math book in a little over five years. This was very interesting. I realize now I should have just gone straight to college instead of enlisting. That way I would could use some of that stuff I retained for a little bit after high school. Now everything is Greek to me. I can't even remember basic stuff. I felt so retarded after the first class. I wanted to ask if they were offering a consumer math course instead. Now that I've been to a couple classes I feel it's coming back to me little by little. I think my grandpa said it right when I was a younger boy. "All you need to know is add, subtract, divide, multiply, and make sure no one is taking your money". I think thats the best advice I've ever received from anyone. That's it for me.

Later,

Joshua

1 comment:

Sean Dustman said...

Don't forget to thank me for the awesome RC truck! Hang in there buddy, you're over the hump.